Please read the Official Contest Rules.
We are seeking photos that share the best of America’s State Parks in the following categories:
- Camping - make it more than a day trip and stay for the nightlife
- Wildlife - catch a glimpse of the natives at a safe distance
- Friends and Family - it's better when you share adventures with others
- Scenic and Seasons - experience the environment that keeps you coming back for more
- Activities - boating, biking, rock climbing, fishing, historic & cultural ranger tours, hiking, off highway vehicles, winter sports and more
Photographs must be taken between May 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019. Contest entries are accepted from the start of contest on May 1, 2019 12 a.m. ET to June 30, 2019 11:59 p.m. ET. Winners will be announced by September 30, 2019.
How to Submit?
- Submit photos at: americasstateparksphotocontest.reserveamerica.com
- Only submit photos you yourself have taken.
- Submit photos in JPEG format. Try to ensure that the photo is 3 mb or larger with high resolution (300 DPI) as the winning photos must work in print.
- There is a limit of Forty (40) entries total per individual regardless as to the method of entry. Additional entries received from any individual beyond the fortieth entry received from that individual will be void.
- Please allow at least 2-3 business days for moderation before your photo appears on the website.
How are the Photos Judged?
Photos will be judged on the following criteria:
(i) originality, (ii) artistic composition, (iii) technical quality, and (iv) whether the photograph showcases the best of America's State Parks camping and outdoor activities. See Prizes here.
Who's Eligible to Enter?
- Legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, who are at least 18 years of age and of the age of majority or older in the state of their residence at the time of entry
- Amateur Photographers (less than 20 percent of your total income is from photography).
- Photographs must be taken by you and you must have the rights to the photo.
Who's Ineligible to Enter?
- Employees of the participating agencies and sponsors and their family members are not eligible to win prizes.
- Individuals who derive 20 percent or more of their income from photography.
What Not to Do
- Do not alter or manipulate photos except for cropping, red eye removal and/or adjustment of contrast and brightness. However, photographic techniques such as HDR, light-painting and long exposures are allowed.
- Photographs with any watermarks, writing or symbols of any kind will be disqualified.
- Don't break any laws or rules.
- Don't do anything unsafe.
- Don't photograph anything that is inappropriate, indecent or obscene.
What To Do
- Enjoy the outdoors and share it with us!
- Tell your friends!
- Have fun!
Please email email@example.com.